Friday, September 19, 2008

(Do I have to put a title)

So, I've decided to write another blog. I haven't blogged in a while. I'm finding I don't know how to anymore: everytime I start crapping on about one thing or another and if I wasn't me I'd find these blogs tediously boring. But that's ok, 'cause I am me, and you're you. So if you do find my blogs tediously boring, I suggest you don't read them :)

I wasn't going to write about this (school and what not), but I will anyway. It's Friday, 9.25 am and I am awaiting someone to answer their phone/reply back to my message/answer some form of communication *cough* India *cough* so I can get out of here...

I've just finished exams, and with the lack of study that took place I think I managed to scrape through OK. Mind you, I'm a brilliant crammer (cramming is forever the best form of study - don't listen to your teachers, they just want you to fail), and I did stay up till 1, 2 or 3 am on most nights. Except when it came to my two heavy content subjects. I had 5 days off to study for them in total, but because they were in the last week, it was starting to feel like holidays already. So, instead, I decided I would just lounge around, go to the park to "study" with Soph and make Strawberry frappes all week. Seriously, screw it, who gives a damn. These are my last ever exams to bomb out in, so may as well take advantage of that :)

So now that I've finished exams, I have a 4 day weekend (woohoo) and then 4 days of bludgy school (one of which will be taken up by an all day legal excursion to the courts including the coroners court - double woohoo) including muck up day. Always fun to see what the year 12's get upto. As long as you don't get egged...
And then it's holidays! Then yr 12, hsc, uni, work, marriage, babies, death. I'm psyched.

Aside from all that... (I don't know if I can actually throw this into the same blog now, but I will) I hate the feeling of knowing that you're losing grip of a friendship. As much as you try to be as close as you used to be, you fail. You put effort in and they respond with not even a smidgen of the effort you gave them, so that it seems that they are completely indifferent to the loss of a previously close friend. Before you know it, you have nothing left to talk about, barely anything in common. You've both been seperated by time and changes and unless you both build a bridge that still connects you despite these factors, then the friendship is lost. Half a bridge won't get you to the other side. It would allow you to stand at the top of the bridge and shout across a distance.
So, as much as you hate it, circumstances force you to stop talking, to stop building that bridge 'cause it's virtually impossible on your own. And you both walk along seperate paths, growing further and further apart, your mind and body aching as you watch that parts of the bridge you did manage to build gradually eroding, crumbling below until there's nothing left. And that's it. Another friendship down the drain, gone, dead, extinct.
*sigh*

No comments: